Saturday, November 3, 2012

Week 1 Issues and Trends

Part 1.


For the first part of my assignment, I contacted two Korean early childhood professionals. The first was the President of the OMEP Korean National Committee, Dr. Soon-Lye Lee, and the second was vice president of the same committee, Dr. Eun-Hye Park.

I wrote the email in English and my wife helped me translate it into Korean, as well. I haven't received a response, but I am looking forward to the correspondence.

Part 2.


For the second part of my assignment, I have chosen The Global Fund for Children. For me, this is a brand new organization. I found their mission statement and goals to be very interesting and uplifting. I am also looking forward to exploring this website closely.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you made great progress making contacts, I am still awaiting replies but am excited to actually possibly have some contacts outside the US. I too am not familiar with the Global Fund for Children so I look forward to learning more through your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading what you learn from The Global Fund for Children. There was so many great organizations to choose from, it was hard to decide. It is wonderful that your wife can help you translate the email into Korean, there was so many countries to choose from, but not knowing a second language is a little limiting. I look forward to reading future posts.

    ReplyDelete